[scribus] Someone likes coding for windows?!

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 10:26:17 UTC 2013

J:  wrote:

On 07/09/2013 14:59, Brenda Ann Eckels wrote:

> The volunteers working with
> scribus also learn an older version of Photoshop if that helps.

I found a lot of old versions of Photoshop were quite unstable, at least
under windows.

If you get them working with Gimp (not a hard transition, and available
under windows), you'll get better stability, and I think better
usability. Gimp is also free.

Cheers, J/.
GIMP is very powerful and Open Source, and available for all platforms. There are many good tutorials available for it. However, with the power comes complexity which can be daunting. If you want something that is much easier to use, and very intuitive (but not as powerful), you might consider Picasa which is free, but not open source.

Murray