[scribus] Scribus 1.5.0svn is now Qt5 only

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu Sep 5 13:43:45 UTC 2013

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 08:45:34 +0200
ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> hi
>
> > On Mon, 02 Sep 2013 20:29:15 -0400
> > Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:

> fyi (plural): on debian testing you probably can't yet compile scribus
> with qt 5.
>
> but i've been told that it's coming soon...
>
> no chance to get the qt 5 packages (without compiling them by
> yourself) on debian stable.
>
> on unstable it may or may not work.
>
> ciao
> a.l.e
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

My favorite distro since the 1990's is Slackware. Qt5 is not even on the
RADAR yet. So I saved my latest working copy of Scribus 1.5.0 (Sept
3). It looks like I will be using that copy for a long, long, time.

Is there a Linux distro that comes with Qt5 as standard or as an option?
The improvements in Qt5 are not much use if most of us can't use 1.5.0
any more.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press