[scribus] Translating Scribus

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 15:08:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Staffan Melin (Oscillator) wrote:
> The translation files are already "copied" from 1.4.x to 1.5?
>
> The Swedish translation of 1.4.x if only about 30% done, so I don't
> want to do this twice! :) It seems very old, and the e-mail to the guy
> who did the initial translation is not valid.

It's a tough question. My gut feeling says that you will have to redo
a significant chunk of your work after moving from 1.4.x to 1.5.x.

So on one hand you have a recommended stable release that is more or
less rock solid, and on the other hand you have 1.5.x that has all the
reallty useful things, but is quite unfinished and yet still actually
used (even though it's not even released yet) -- because of all those
useful things.

What's worse is that Qt's translation system doesn't handle similar
phrases perfectly. It tends to mark older similar pharses as obsolete
and make slightly changed newer one as mint new. So my personal
recommendation is _not_ to use --noobsolete argument with lupdate.
That way you will cut down time and effort expenses while moving from
1.4 to 1.5.

Alexandre