[scribus] how do I strip out unwanted overriding of paragraph styles?

Nicola Griffin nickigriffin at mac.com
Wed Sep 4 10:16:42 UTC 2013

On 4 Sep 2013, at 09:56, Rolf-Werner Eilert <eilert-sprachen at t-online.de> wrote:

> Am 03.09.2013 18:17, schrieb JLuc:
>> Le 03/09/2013 10:16, Rolf-Werner Eilert a écrit :
>>> This can be somewhat nerv-racking when you have a paragraph full of
>>> bolds, italics and stuff, and then have to change
>>> the paragraph style, causing all formattings to disappear.
>>
>> Sure.
>>
>> What seems even more nerv-racking (whatever this mean !)
>

> Heard this in a TV ad some twenty years ago: "...can be a nerv-racking experience..." Things like this are kept in mind ;-)
>
> But is it written with an "e"? nerve?
>
> Rolf

Nerve racking. Also nerve wracking which is how I've always spelled it. Much used in this household!

I too have learned through losing formatting to leave the italics, bold etc until the end. I format all the text using the style I want first, but using Properties/Text, not the Story Editor, as you have to do it para by para there as far as I can see. I find italics etc can be easier too using Properties as you don't have a smaller list of font styles.

Regards

Nicki Griffin

The Skipper & Her Mate
New Island Books