[scribus] Slower printing with grays

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Tue Oct 29 10:43:30 UTC 2013

Currently I'm working on a little brochure in b/w made for being printed
on our copier.

When I have gray elements (gray letters or gray polygons) on the pages,
they will print much slower than pages with only 100 % black elements.
The difference is big: instead of "instant" print, it will take 4 - 8
seconds for the RIP to make up the page. I know, printing pictures is
slower, too. But here there are only homogeneous gray areas.

My first thought was, I had cloned some gray colours out of the CMYK
black one (with the K slider to 50, 60, 70 %). Making RGB colours out of
them didn't help, however.

Is there any way to speed up printing such pages?

Rolf