[scribus] Linux distro compatible with Qt5?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Oct 28 20:23:36 UTC 2013

> Every time I think I have all the bits and pieces needed for
> compiling Scribus 1.5.0 a new problem pops up. Is there a Linux
> distro that handles the current svn version of 1.5.0 without too
> many tears? I don't mind doing some apt-gets or their
> equivalent.

Probably not John, just keep running cmake, find what's missing, get
that and do it again. It doesn't take too long.

Alternatively you might want to read the BUILDING file, but I think
the last time I did that it seemed to be out of date

I do it every couple of months. Qt5 was the last bottle neck, but
that's all sorted now. One advantage of Qt5 is that Sigil, the ePub
program now runs on latest Qt5.

Keeps the old grey matter going :-)

--
Owen