[scribus] qt5 requirements for 1.5.0svn

Jeffrey Merrow jeffmerrow at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 03:19:27 UTC 2013

 > I am currently compiling the latest 1.5.0 after downloading Qt5.1.1 into my home directory and by trial and error adding the following 5 lines at the head of my 1.5.0 compile script (ignore wraparounds):
 > ------------------------------
 > export Qt5Core_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Core
 > export Qt5Widgets_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Widgets
 > export Qt5Xml_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Xml
 > export Qt5WebKitWidgets_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5WebKitWidgets
 > export Qt5LinguistTools_DIR=/home/safe/Qt/5.1.1/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5LinguistTools
 > There must be a simpler way but I haven't figured it out yet.

This seems to be working properly for me, and eliminates the need for the env variables.

 -DQT_PREFIX="/home/Qt5/5.1.1/gcc/

Since 'the move' to Qt5 the builds appear to succeed, I can run Scribus, but I don't have the Barcode plugin showing up within the Insert dialog.
I find that it is listed within the About Plugins, and also is included in the Preferences> Plugins suggesting that it should be available using Insert -> Barcode...

Still trying to narrow down the svn step where it breaks.
18455 works, but that version still required the -DUSE_QT5=1 declaration.

Any suggestions?  Does yoiur latest build include the Barcode plugin showing up in the Insert menu?