[scribus] Fwd: print drivers

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Oct 12 22:46:48 UTC 2013

On 10/12/2013 05:51 PM, Owen wrote:

>> Here is link to screen grab of the Scribus driver window
>>

>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87167851/Pasted%20Graphic.png
>>
>>   I was mistaken - there are options for bundled printer icc profiles
>> (Epson R1800).
>> They reside in the HD/Library/Printers/ . . /ICCProfiles
>> but, there is no way easy of telling which is which.
>> Gimp diplays these with proper lables (see screen-grab below)
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87167851/gimp-driver.png
>>
>> Also, is it not clear how to switch off colour management completely.
>

> In Scribus, with no document open, File->Preferences->Color Management
> and tick or untick "Activate Color Management"
>
> Do not print directly from Scribus. Export to PDF and print that

I think he's saying he doesn't want to do that.
We have some, but not a large number of Mac OS users. Furthermore, I'm
not sure anyone understands why someone would want to print directly
from Scribus AND specify icc profiles when they do ...

My guess is that there is a way around this, but not perhaps in the way
intended.

Greg