[scribus] Typesetting of mathematical formula in Scribus

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Nov 15 13:12:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 13:32:17 +0100 (CET)
"Gunter Woysch" <Gunter.Woysch at gmx.de> wrote:

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

The question is, how does Scribus support the typesetting of
mathematical formula. The render icon (looks like a gear wheel)
will allow you to create a frame that can be used to access
LaTeX.

If you have lots of formulae you might consider typesettng your
document in TeX instead. Your choices are pdftlatex (most
popular), pdftex (simplest) Context (my choice for nonfiction)
and luatex or lualatex (with Context allows widest range of
fonts.)

You can download the texlive distribution from http:/www.tug.org.

There is of course a significant learning curve with any form
of TeX. But for books with formulae, Table of Contents, index,
footnotes, bibliography etc. TEX has decades of development
behind it. I use TeX primarily for book interiors, but for my
current book I am going to use Scribus, to see how good it is
for complex interiors.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press