[scribus] Scribus for patching pdf file-another problem.

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 8 03:41:56 UTC 2013

Today's Topics:

   1. Re:  Scribus for patching pdf file-another problem.
      (john Culleton)
On Mon, 4 Nov 2013 18:53:31 -0500
john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

The good news -- I created a pdf file that looks fine on the
screen. The bad news: it is huge (12,687,015 bytes). Since this
is a B/W document is there a way to set Scribus to produce a pdf
with no color at all? That might reduce the size somewhat. I
tried pdf2ps followed by ps2pdf but that made it bigger. At this
time the document can be uploaded but not downloaded.

As part of my update process I used pdftk to separate and then
after modification reunite the pages. Manipulating the whole pdf
file in Scribus 1.5.0 caused Scribus to stall at some point.

--
John Culleton

I routinely use the Python Script given on this website to reduce the size of my PDF files. Typically, the reduction is a factor of 10-20 or even more. I have been unable to see any degradation in the publications that I have printed as a result of using the script.

http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Web_optimised_PDF

Murray