[scribus] Sequence of actions for books.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Nov 2 22:45:49 UTC 2013

Thus far I have only used Scribus for one-page documents. Now I
am looking at a multi-page  book document. I imagine that there
is a sequence of actions that should be followed, such as:
1. Defining page size.
2. Defining approx page count with linked text frames.
3. Setting up master pages for left, right, chapter pages etc.
4. Apply left/right master pages to page stack.
5. Create TOC.
6. Fill in the text.

Have I got the sequence about right? Have I left out steps?
Is it still a good idea  to break the book up into separate
files? If so how does one handle the TOC?

There does not seem to be a tutorial yet for book creation.

I will be working with 1.5.0. It blew up a few nights ago but it
created OK last night. I always have an earlier copy that works.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press