[scribus] Scribus as XML (phase 2)

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Nov 2 08:47:21 UTC 2013

hi greg

> I have begun to tackle this from the perspective of Scripter, so
> instead of sifting out tiny bits from an SLA file, I build an XML
> from scratch, then transform from there.
>
> Here is the beginning of a wiki page about this:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Scribus_XML_using_Scripter
>
> What this may lead to is a way to eventually by some means generate
> xhtml which might be the start of an ebook.

nice to see you working on this!

just one thing: it would be nice if -- while discovering how the .sla
works -- you could contribute it in a way that is compatible with the
pseudo DTD i'm compiling:

https://github.com/impagina/core/blob/master/documentation/sla_15.dtd

the easiest way is to fork the repository, start a new branch and then
make pull requests... or just give me a link to some similar document
you're compiling...

(btw, if there is any good reason, i can also switch to another
representation of the .sla structure... i'm not a fan of DTDs... but it
would be nice -- at some time -- to be able to validate the scribus
files: at least for what concerns their formal correctness!)

have a nice weekend
a.l.e