[scribus] PDF file too big (40 mb)

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Thu May 30 13:24:07 UTC 2013

Le 25/05/2013 20:43, val o a écrit :
> I'm using Scribus to make a photography portfolio. When I save it as svg,
> size is about 300 k, but when I export it to pdf it grows up to 40 mb.
> That is way to big for a web portfolio.
> Any suggestions? I've already tried redoing it by using smaller size (150k
> to 300k max) pictures, and still haven't been able to work around this.

Hello,

this is a traditionnal problem with scribus
and many solutions are provided :

First choose a low resolution for the PDF in the options for PDF output :
72 dpi is ok for screen display and will slitghtly reduce size.

Then use advanced technics described on
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Web_optimised_PDF
and
http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Reduce_the_size_of_Scribus_generated_PDFs
so as to get drastic weight enlightment.

JLuc