[scribus] number pages w/ roman numerals

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Fri May 24 18:21:29 UTC 2013

On May 24, 2013, at 2:18 PM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:

> Why not create three Scribus generated pdf files and then use pdftk, or
> some other pdf joining utility, to join the three in order, I.e., front
> cover, inside content, and back cover.  Each pdf could have it's own
> numbering system that is not be affected when the three are joined.  I do
> this with my magazine when I want to create the entire thing in a single
> pdf file.

I split the file up (see the first post) and joined it w/ pdftk.

I'm not seeing a way to influence the page numbering in the .pdf using Scribus or pdftk --- did I miss a command?

If not, I'll just use pdftex to stitch the files together w/ the correct numbering scheme, but that seems rather over-kill.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer