[scribus] number pages w/ roman numerals

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu May 23 12:25:10 UTC 2013

On May 23, 2013, at 1:40 AM, Czarek wrote:

> I dont get what you want to do...

I want a document which has the cover numbered as ``A'', and page 1 (which comes after the cover and is the second page in the .pdf) to be numbered as page 1. See the attached .pdf which I've renumbered manually using Acrobat (sent directly to Czarek, since it made the message over-sized for the list)

> But if want to switch off numeration for cover (first two and last two pages in
> Scribus project) you should use sections and numeration setup for them.
> Take a look at Document Setup and find Sections in it.

I did that --- had to in order to get the cover numbered as ``A''.

The problem comes when I export to a .pdf --- I want Step 1, which is the second page in the .pdf to be numbered as page 1 --- when I export, the cover is 1 (should be ``A''), and Step 1 is page 2.

I had attached the Scribus file (w/ 2 pages, section one is page 1 numbered as ``A'', section two is page 2 numbered as ``1''), and a .pdf which I've renumbered manually using Acrobat --- if anyone is curious to see them, contact me off-list.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer