[scribus] Problem with alternate stylistics

Gabriel Grosso ggrosso.dg at gmail.com
Wed May 22 16:46:15 UTC 2013

On 05/22/2013 11:12 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 5:58 PM, john Culleton wrote:
>
>> Latex (one of the TeX formats) has access to diacritical marks over any
>> letter using e.g., \H o for Hungarian umlaut. Scribus has access to
>> Latex via the Render facility. Would this be of use to the OP?
> Out of curiosity, what's the status of the Harfbuzz port? Isn't it
> supposed to simplify access to extended OpenType features?
>
> Alexandre Prokoudine
> http://libregraphicsworld.org
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Hi,

Sorry that I can not follow conversations to perfection, my native
language is Spanish. I tested version 1.4 Scribus and still can not come
up with a way to put these stylistic alternates, which I think is very
useful when designing. The lower case numbers, also called old-style
figures, are practical when applying a particular style to any graphic
design work, but more importantly, when to apply numbering in a non
intrusive in a text where are purely letters. A few years ago i was
using proprietary software-InDesign-for my editorial work, but since
then, I focus on free software as the main tools for production. I
remember in InDesign-without any intention of making stupid comparisons-
placing such lower case numbers and stylistic alternatives (for example,
some fonts bring the number zero with a slash across it from side to
side, and some other variants) were as simple as selecting it in the
paragraph style editor. I read the mails without finding any solution
and I wonder why this feature is apparently not supported in Scribus.

Another question regarding the handling of typography is the use of
small capitals. If I choose small capitals from the menu, are they the
true small capital lettersor only the capitals in a lower size?

Thank you very much to all and hope not to disturb

Gabriel