[scribus] Problem with alternate stylistics

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue May 21 01:03:42 UTC 2013

On 05/20/2013 03:16 PM, Gabriel Grosso wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> It seems that I can't get to render these «alternate» glyphs, like old
> style figures and some others. I don't know if it's the problem with
> some glyphs or the Scribus SVN version. I provide a link to show what
> i want to achieve.
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/9bd83s/5
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/99narn/5
>
> http://tinypic.com/r/9ps5dw/5
>
> Anyone know how to "activate" them? I can see they properly in
> FontMatrix. I'm on ArchLinux 64.

If you can't see a glyph in the Enhanced Character Palette, you will not
be able to use it in Scribus. The glyphs are font-dependent. If a font
doesn't have a glyph, you see a black rectangle in the Palette. Scribus
does its own error-checking and will reject, so whether something shows
up in another app of some sort doesn't matter.

This is an important issue when you want to use uncommon characters:
pick your font wisely.

Greg