[scribus] New Reader Impressions

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed May 15 13:04:53 UTC 2013

On May 15, 2013, at 8:56 AM, Sharon Villines wrote:

> I'm not yet a user and totally overwhelmed with other volunteer projects so I can't volunteer as much as I would enjoy it. I'm enjoyed out.

I am using it (using it on a volunteer / opensource project, the Shapeoko build instructions), but I think that there are a lot of things which need to have higher priority:

 - documentation --- the wiki needs to be up-to-date and has to stay that way
 - the interface needs a _lot_ of work --- it's something to say that it's faster to make a text edit involving styles in (La)TeX than it is in Scribus:

LaTeX:
 - command-click on the .pdf where the edit needs to be made
 - make the change in the source text which the editor takes you to
 - if necessary bring up the macro which has to be edited and make changes --- hit <Command>s if it's an external file
 - hit <Command>t to re-typeset the document

Scribus:
 - click on the text box (this may involve finding it first in the Outline palette, or extra clicking)
 - hit <Command>t to bring up the text editing dialog box
 - make the edits, click on the fly-out to change styles
 - if you need to to change a style sheet, cancel out to bring up the dialog for editing style sheets, navigate through that
 - close the box
 - confirm the save

William

--