[scribus] Scribus 1.4.2 WIN32 - PoDoFo crash

Stefano Danzi s.danzi at hawai.it
Mon May 13 13:50:12 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have one scribus project that contain several image frame.
On each image frame was loaded a PDF file.

These pdf was made using InDesign with PDF-X settings.

3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
PoDoFo error while reading page count!

PoDoFo encounter an error. Error: 15 ePdfError_NoObject
         Error Description: A object was expected but not found.
         Callstack:
         #0 Error Source: .\src\PdfParser.cpp:208
                 Information: Unable to load objects from file.
         #1 Error Source: .\src\PdfParser.cpp:949
                 Information: Error while loading object 0 1 Offset =
496630 Inde
x = 682

         #2 Error Source: .\src\PdfParserObject.cpp:105
                 Information: Error while reading object 0 1: Next token
is not '
obj'.

3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12
3 m_nPredictor=12 m_nCurPredictor=12

The project load successfully but I can't export as PDF.
When I do this scribus show error "Unable to load xxx.pdf" and became
unstable.
Same project loaded using ubuntu build of scribus works fine.

Maybe an outdate version of PoDoFo library in win32 build?