[scribus] EBooks...

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Fri May 10 17:23:45 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Upscope <upscope at nwi.net> wrote:

> On Thursday, May 09, 2013 05:13:19 PM Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > On 05/09/2013 04:51 PM, Henry W. Peters wrote:
> > > Thanks for the clues here Greg, I have been trying (now) to build
> > > Sigil on Debian Squeeze. Hang up at installing QT 5.2...
> > >
> > > When I do:
> > >  'sudo ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.2-x86-offline.run'
> > >
> > > as per install instructions, I get:
> > >
> > > './qt-linux-opensource-5.0.2-x86-offline.run:
> > > /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found
> > > (required by
> > > ./qt-linux-opensource-5.0.2-x86-offline.run)'
> > >
> > > Did a search for said file (`GLIBCXX_3.4.15'), could not find it...
> > > Any suggestions welcome.
> >
> > I briefly tried to build sigil 0.7x on Fedora, now that I could get
> > qt5, but had various issues and gave up.
> > I would suggest getting the older 0.62 and building it, which went on
> > without problems. Also, Fedora now has a pre-built sigil in its
> > repositories, so maybe Debian does too.
> >
> > Greg
> Just a comment:
>
> I did this yesterday after experiencing the qt dependence problem Using
> 0.62 worked fine. It read a .pub file my wife had correctly. I then used
> Calibre to convert it to mobi. Looks good waitting for a report back if
> Kindle can read it. My wife is a writer and has about 24 e-books on
> Amazon and Barnes & Noble. She has beed paying someone to conver and
> format them. I'm trying to learn how to do it from a .odt or .docx
> document.
> > ___

I love my Kindle and have the Kindle app on my phone, as well.  Not sure
why you are waiting to find out if the Kindle can read your file as I send
files to my Kindle all the time.  Just send the file you want to appear on
your Kindle to the email address provided by Amazon for your device and it
will appear on your Kindle.  Test over.  Also, Calibre with send any file
in its library to your Kindle device, also.

John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*
Walkertown, NC  USA
editor at sera.org