[scribus] : Re: Adobe ends perpetual licenses

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Fri May 10 16:28:57 UTC 2013

> Gesendet: Freitag, 10. Mai 2013 um 15:15 Uhr
> Von: "Manuel Schmalstieg" <webdev at ms-studio.net>
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] : Re: Adobe ends perpetual licenses
>
> In the case of the company MarkzWare, who produces third-party
> Quark-to-InDesign and InDesign-to-Quark converter plugins, what I heard
> from some Quark senior official was that "technically, it's illegal"

Then the senior official either lied to you or he was clueless. Quark sued Viva years ago because they dared to reverse-engineer the QXD file format, and Quark lost big time. That's why they didn't take any action. Whatever Quark officials said in this regard, it's pure FUD (remember SCO?).

Christoph