[scribus] Text Frame with one line

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu May 2 20:55:39 UTC 2013

On 05/02/2013 12:27 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Thu, 02 May 2013 17:52:02 +0200
> Rolf-Werner Eilert <eilert-sprachen at t-online.de> dijo:
>
>>  From an older Scribus version, I found a document which has text
>> frames with a single line at top. It's an application form, the
>> frames look like
>>
>> ----------------------
>> Name
>>

>> and so on. I cannot find any way to produce such a thing in Scribus
>> now, could you imagine how I made these once?
> I can't comment on how your lines might have been created, but I can
> offer my personal way of creating lines in forms.
>
> I create a 1/2 point straight horizontal line of, say, a couple
> centimeters. I cut it to the clipboard. Then I insert my cursor in the
> text where I want the line and paste it in. And finally, I select just
> the line and use the properties palette to adjust its width. With the
> paragraph justified I can tweak the length of the line(s) so that the
> text on the same line are not spaced out too much and everything fits
> properly.

In case it's not clear, what Jason talking about is inline graphics,
where you can paste a graphical element into the body of some text in a
text frame.
As he says, you select your graphic, in this case a horizontal line,
copy it (Ctrl+C, for example), then in Edit Contents mode in a text
frame, paste (Ctrl+V).

Greg