[scribus] Means to shrink Scribus created PDF by a 1/4 scale

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed May 1 18:16:36 UTC 2013

On Wed, 01 May 2013 16:51:09 +0100
Julian Robbins <julian.robbins at q-par.com> dijo:

>I've been asked by the printers to make a 1/4 size PDF. I would like
>to design at fullscale and just output a scaled by a 1/4 CMYK PDF.
>
>I don't believe there is any way to do this in Scribus, but what
>suggestions are there as to how to resize a PDF using FLOSS software
>ideally using Linux/Windows?
>
>I could do this by printing from Adobe Reader but not sure if I can
>easily resize by an exact amount .

If you can print to 1/4 size then just print to file. That will create
a Postscript file (.prn on Windows, .ps on Linux). Open the Postscript
file in something like Okular on Linux, then save as a PDF.

I think printing to a Postscript file will convert all the fonts to
paths, but if that is not a concern, it should work fine.