[scribus] Scripting expert needed to speed up colour palette conversion

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Sun Mar 31 22:08:16 UTC 2013

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 23:20:18 +0200
JLuc wrote:

> Le 31/03/2013 17:44, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
>
> <COLOR NAME="FromPDF#00404040" CMYK="#00404040"/>
> What is needed is a script that strips the string FromPDF and converts the
> hex value in a specific way (adding ink channel abbreviations and slashes),
> so that the end result looks like this: <COLOR NAME="C25/M25/Y25/K25"
> CMYK="#40404040"/>
>
> > I think the first part is most easily done in a text editor, with Search
> >> Replace to eliminate the FromPDF.
> >
> > The question is, what are you doing with the numbers? It seems that
> > Scribus stores CMYK in hex values, even though when you create them you
> > are shown a percentage scale.
> >
> > But 40/255 ≠ 25%  (more like 16%).
>
> hmmm 40 (hexadecimal) is 60 (base 10) and 60/255 is 25%

If that's all there is to the algorithm, then my next question is, would a
little C program be ok for this?  If so, send me (or post) a sample file that
you want to convert and an example of the output that you need and I'll whip
something up for you.  I'm just now finishing up a new web and mail server, and
I have a major plumbing project this coming week where the plumbers will be
starting at 7am tomorrow, but after that's over I'll be happy to do this little
job for you.

I recognize that you asked for a "script", but all I do is C.  And I won't be
able to get to this for the next couple of days, as you can see, so if someone
else wants to volunteer to do it "immediately" and as some sort of a script,
then feel free to do so.