[scribus] Convert Pagemaker 6.5 documents to Scribus

Achim Domma domma at procoders.net
Wed Mar 20 09:00:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would like to convert my dad to open source software. The last problem on this path would be some old Pagemaker 6.5 documents. Those documents should all be rather simple, just having some text blocks, some graphics and a few "hand drawn" tables. Usually only a few pages an no fancy layout, color, ... magic.

Is there a known working way to get such documents into Scribus? I would still have access to a Pagemaker 6.5 installation to convert/export documents. If required, I would also be able to get access to a Indesign instance to convert the documents.

As far as I see, there's no direct conversion path, so I'm asking for advice using which file types I should have the best chance.

cheers,
Achim