[scribus] Controlling Overprints Vs. Knockout - Newbie Questions

Jonathan Kreider jonathan.kreider at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 01:06:47 UTC 2013

I've searched the archives and google and I haven't found an answer to my
question yet, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Version = 1.4.2 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Is there a way to control knockout and overprint for text colors and text
outline colors and text box colors and text box line colors
_each_individually_?

Alternatively, is there a way to control knockout vs. overprint by color?

The case study is a table with model numbers, description and price.  The
background of the cells are yellow, the text inside is black and the table
is over a black background.

My experimenting tells me that the knockout/overprint controls in the
properties dialog controls all of the above with no ability to control them
individually.  Is this correct?  Is there another method to achieve this
without creating the yellow background to the table with a separate box?

--
Thanks,
Jonathan Kreider

Kreider Four Seasons Equipment, Inc.