[scribus] Align object relative to other object (not to page)

Hans Schmidt z0idberg at gmx.de
Fri Jul 12 13:18:05 UTC 2013

Am 12.07.2013 13:46, schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> I'm not sure if I understand completely what you're trying to do, but I
> wonder if maybe some horizontal and vertical guides might help your
> construction.
>
> Greg

Hello,

yes, I use them. But one problem would be:

I have to start the card with about 10 mm margin (because my printer
needs a margin). The card itself is 91x55mm.

So the position would be 10x10mm and the card would therefore end at
101x65mm. If I then want to insert a text box with a 5mm margin to the
left border of the card, I would have to write 10+5=15mm at the x
position. On the right side I would have to calculate 101-5=96mm. This
is of course not complex, but you always have to make this calculation.

Therefore I wondered if it weren't possible to use the position
relatively to this 10-10-101-65 box, so that I could just write “left
position: 5mm”, “right position: 5 mm” etc.