[scribus] Align object relative to other object (not to page)

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Fri Jul 12 11:44:54 UTC 2013

> Hello,
>
> I want to create some business cards with Scribus. Therefore I have
> created a black rectangle with the size of the card on a A4 page,
> which
> I will copy afterwards to fill the whole page.

Assuming you intend to make a standard size card, just try this.

a. Create a black shape in the top left hand corner

b. Go to Item->Multiple Duplicate->By rows and columns

Possibly a little easier than your intended work flow

> I would now like to insert text frames etc. into the card. One of it I
> would like to center on the card (but not on the page). Is there a way
> to somehow arrange everything relative to the rectangle (Also to reset
> the ruler, like it is done if I doubleclick on a text frame)?

Try this,

a. Make your shape

b. open the Properties palette(PP), observe the dimensions of your shape

c. Now make a text frame over the shape and adjust the size via the PP

An alternative is to use guides and the "Snap to guides" facility.

Also you can use the Level arrows in the PP to make sure you select
the right frame, alternatively use ctrl+Click successively to click
through the frames.

--
Owen