[scribus] Positioning Text at Both Line Margins

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jul 10 13:12:29 UTC 2013

On 07/10/2013 05:12 AM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 09/07/2013 23:44, Rich Shepard a écrit :
>> On Tue, 9 Jul 2013, Rich Shepard wrote:
>>
>>>  More futzing and I'm getting closer. I discovered that a left tab is
>>> both
>>> unnecessary and makes a mess of the line. Still needs more tweaking but
>>> I'll get there.
>>    Got it. I was thinking that the right tab was placed at the end of the
>> string to be right justified when it is placed at the left end of that
>> string. When I figured that out placing the tab correctly was easy.
>
> Hello,
>
> Could you please explain how you manage to do it in the end ?

I think the key elements of his experience were:

1. Don't bother with a left tab at the beginning of the line (I've also
noticed that a left tab close to the beginning of a line is tricky)

2. Don't create a right-tab at the end of the text you wish to have
align with that right tab. Put it at the beginning. I think the way that
I managed this, IIRC, was that I created tabs with no text on the line,
i.e., in the style editor. You also have to look carefully at the width
of the frame to get the correct distance.

Greg