[scribus] thanks for help; minor annoyance in list mails.

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Jan 30 08:07:21 UTC 2013

Le 30/01/2013 02:11, Barry McKenna a écrit :
> I was surprised and greatly pleased to read your post about Scribus list access as a news group.
> So, I set up a new news group account for news.gmane.org and was additionally pleased to see Inkscape and LibreOffice
> news groups on that domain as well. So, I subscribed to Scribus and some for the others.
> However, my reply to this post of yours, using the news group setup in my TBird v17.0.2, was apparently not posted.

It must depend on the gmane parameters for the list.
I remember same situation for some of the lists.

Solution is to subscribe to the mailing list with the email you use for gmane reading,
and then, set the parameter for this subscription to "receive no mail at all"
or "only read on the web" so you dont have to manage this unecessary mails.
For scribus, this can be done on http://lists.scribus.net/

For some mirrored lists, gmane sends a confirmation mail after the new user sends its first message,
so as to check you are not a robot. So look in your incoming mailbox or spambox too.

JLuc