[scribus] problemi

Stefano Danzi s.danzi at hawai.it
Fri Jan 18 13:14:57 UTC 2013

Il 17/01/2013 16.08, Gregory Pittman ha scritto:
> On 01/17/2013 09:20 AM, AKW wrote:
>> Is this of relevance to me? because I read/speak only English.
> We have tried to maintain an openness to languages other than English on
> the list, so that people can feel free to ask questions they need
> answers for. I think Google Translate works well enough, you could plug
> the text into that and get an idea of what he is saying. You can also
> ignore anything you don't understand.
>
> Greg

I wrote in Italian because question submitted by lupodimare was in italian.
Lupodimare also posted his question in english. Subject: [scribus] problems with 1.4.1

Above a little summary of my reply:

Do you have deleted or moved from hard disk original images included in scribus project?

Exmaple:

If I havw all my images on c:\images_files and in c:\projects the scribus files, the scribus file (.sla) don't embed all images but it contains links t files in c:\images_files.
If this location change, or disappear, scribus can't load images and
all images are replaced by red cross.

I  regularly use  Scribus 1.4.1 to createphoto catalogs about 40/50 pages  and reltive hi resoolution PDF of about 4/5 GByte and I've never had problems that you describe.

Tips:

Ensure to have latest Ghostscript and corret Ghostscript configuration on Scribus.
If your project is very big (with a lot of big images) and you use it on windows XP 32 bit you could have instability problems when you reopen your project (experienced firsthand).
If you have a 64bit windows s.o. download 64bit version of Scribus 1.4.2 (also for ghostscript).
Even better if you have a linux PC to run scribus.