[scribus] Handing over Scribus Files to another Person

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Jan 14 22:17:46 UTC 2013

On 01/14/2013 10:08 AM, Robin Dean (Google) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been happily editing our parish magazine for the last couple of
> years and been really happy using Scribus using the basic features.
>
> I am about to hand over to a new editor and wish the handover to be as
> smooth as possible.
>
> Assuming he downloads Scribus what else does he need to have in order to
> have all the formats (half a dozen page formats and 10 to 15 font
> formats) and my standard preferences.
>
> The way in which I have been using Scribus is to strip out the old text
> from last months magazine - leaving in standard text and current adverts
> (which are mostly in png format) and then rebuild from this base this
> months magazine - I appreciate that any pictures need to be sitting in
> the place they were when I first selected them.
>
> Besides the SLA file and the pictures - what else do I need to give him?
>
> I generate an PDF-X3 file which I send to both the paper printer and our
> web-master

This is one of many instances when good organization on your part will
hopefully make everything pretty simple, but of course we might expect
some teaching/learning in regard to Scribus.

An advantage of using Collect for Output will be to have everything in
one directory, and as Rolf says, you might as well include fonts.

After that, it's the discipline of having things organized, and probably
a new directory structure for each new issue, with subdirectories for
content.

Of course, making the new editor aware of the manual, the wiki, and mail
list help is a good idea too.

Greg