[scribus] How to build Scribus without CUPS?

Giovanni Mugnai musical777 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 16:12:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

Today i was attempting to build Scribus on Haiku.
I have all dependencies available: QT and Qtwebkit, lcms, Freetype,
LittleCMS, and so on. I have all deps except CUPS, since is not
available on Haiku, since has its own printing system (uses also
gutenprint). When i do cmake, obviously, it alert me about the fact
that CUPS is not found.
There is a way to remove dependency of CUPS? I have tried with "cmake
-DHAVE_CUPS=0" and -DWANT_CUPS=0 but this doesn't help.
Taking a look in cmakelist i have seen this:

IF(NOT WIN32)
  IF (${CMAKE_MAJOR_VERSION}.${CMAKE_MINOR_VERSION} LESS 2.5)
    SET(Cups_DIR ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH})
  ENDIF (${CMAKE_MAJOR_VERSION}.${CMAKE_MINOR_VERSION} LESS 2.5)
  FIND_PACKAGE(Cups REQUIRED)
  IF(CUPS_FOUND)
    SET(HAVE_CUPS 1)
    MESSAGE("CUPS Library Found OK")
  ENDIF(CUPS_FOUND)
ELSE(NOT WIN32)
  # Windows doesn't use CUPS
  SET(CUPS_INCLUDE_DIR)
ENDIF(NOT WIN32)
#>>CUPS

This should exclude CUPS if Scribus is compiled on Windows, so i have
tried to replace "WIN32" with "HAIKU", also adding Haiku inside
PGFPlatform.h and CMakeCCompielerid and CMakeCXXCompilerid, but the
result is the same.. So, there is a way to remove the need of CUPS?

Best regards,

--
Giovanni.