[scribus] Need Repo for 1.4.x series

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Wed Feb 20 18:19:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Ian Whitfield <whitfield at telkomsa.net>wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have just upgraded my PClinuxOS from 2012.06 to 2013.02 and all went
> well - except....
>
> Previously I was using Scribus 1.4.1 and I was hoping to move up to 1.4.2.
> But all my Packet Manager brings up is 1.3.9 and this will not open my
> 1.4.1 files!!!
>
> Which Repository must I use to get the 1.4.x series.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> IanW
>

> Ian,

While I pretty much agree with Owen's comments, if PCLinuxOS is a Debian
based Linux system, you can use the Debian repository to upgrade to 1.4.2,
even.  If not, and it is an RPM based system, then use the Red Hat
repositories.  While I've never used PCLinuxOS, I am under the impression
that it is Debian based.  If you need more info about the repositories, let
me know and I'll forward that.  I upgraded from Debian before 1.4.2 was in
Ubuntu's repositories and it seems to work fine.

John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*
Walkertown, NC  USA
editor at sera.org