[scribus] [OT] True CMYK printers for Linux

Boris Samorodov bsam at passap.ru
Wed Feb 13 15:05:24 UTC 2013

13.02.2013 01:09, Patrick Noffke пишет:

> This is mostly off-topic, but I was hoping some of the color management
> pros using Scribus would have come across this.
>
> I'm looking for a color laser printer that allows me to use it like a true
> CMYK device.  My cheap inkjet printers show up as RGB colorspace when I do:
>
> $ colormgr get-devices
>
> So those printers must have their own profiles built-in, and convert from
> RGB to CMYK internally.

Do your inkjet printer have a gutenprint driver? If yes, there is a big
chance that you may use your printer with CMYK color mode. I use
Epson L800 (in a network config via D-LINK DPR-1061) with
gutenprint-cups driver for printing from FreeBSD. Here is what I get:
http://yadi.sk/d/MB4jV48V2_yPe

> I want to profile my own printer, and when I print test charts and make a
> PDF with a 100% cyan, I only want to see cyan ink on the page.
>
> Does anyone know of Linux-friendly printers that can do this?
>
> I always thought Brother models were pretty good with Linux, but I'm not
> sure about this.
>
> If there's a better place to ask, could you please refer me?

HTH
--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve