[scribus] Code Testing

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Wed Feb 6 11:19:22 UTC 2013

Le 06/02/2013 01:51, Nik Trevallyn-Jones a écrit :
> Hi All,
> - I checked at the developer forums, but they seemed pretty deserted.
> I would like to discuss what form of code testing is used in the development of Scribus.

There probably isn't more than what you allready discovered,
and your coding impulse is very wellcome.

Several people involved in coding for scribus outside the core team.
Discussions sometime take place on IRC (#scribus chan on freenode).
The scribus-dev email discussion list is sometime used too,
and probably could be more since it gather all devs.

It seems the best way to propose code for scribus is to develop it
on a dedicated GIT repository for contributors.
Documentation can be found here http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Git
Reading access to the repo is public.
You can get a writing access to the repo : have a ssh key ready and ask Malex.

Once you have your branch created, keep it up to date with svn trunk
(more or less regularly mirored in trunk branch)
and develop your code there.
Document and ask for testers to test your test-functions when required.
When everything is fine, create a diff and propose your patch on the bug tracker.

Sincerly,
JLuc