[scribus] main window persistently off-screen

violet violet at viand.net
Wed Feb 6 04:34:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

Mac OSX10.5.8
Scribus fresh install today 1.4.2

The window with the document in it is offscreen. I am working on a
laptop, and I do not have an external monitor plugged in, nor have I had
one plugged in since installing Scribus. When I use mac's "expose"
option, I can see the scribus document window, but when I click on it,
nothing happens. If I try to "open" my document, scribus tells me it is
already open and that window will be displayed now, but it stays
off-screen. Also the document is NOT listed at the bottom of the Window
menu.

I have rebooted, restarted the application, installed a fresh version.

I have also used Mac's "display" settings, changing the resolution in
hope that the windows would reorganize, to no avail. I have also used
the "zoom" option in finder, to no avail.

I have not had this problem with any other application.

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Violet