[scribus] Paper size, layers and other issues

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Feb 2 21:37:55 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 21:22:58 +0100
"Staffan Melin (Oscillator)" <staffan.melin at oscillator.se> dijo:

>LAYERS
>I don't have a clue as to what causes this behavior, but have you
>tried to start another instance of Scribus with a blank doc, and
>copy-paste the objects into this?
>
>CUSTOM SIZE
>If I create a new doc, set height to 864 and width to 1296 Scribus
>automatically switches to Custom, Landscape. As it should.

As I was working on the document I suddenly noticed that the image on
screen was portrait, not landscape. So I went into Document Setup, and
that is where I found that I could not create a custom document size at
12 x 18 inches in landscape. But following your suggestion I was able
to create a new document 12 x 18 landscape. There may be a bug in the
Document Setup.

And layers now appear to be working correctly in the new document.
Again, I have no idea why they were messed up in the original. Possibly
another bug.

I would file a bug report but it would be difficult for anyone to look
at it without the document, and the file is too big to upload.

I forgot to mention that I have 1.4.1 on Fedora 16, x86_64. Version
1.4.2 is not yet in the Fedora 16 repos. I intend to upgrade to Fedora
18, but I can't chance an upgrade until this project is finished.

Thanks for the suggestions.