[scribus] **** Warning: glyf overlaps cmap, truncating.

John Ghormley KJ4UFG kj4ufg at sera.org
Fri Feb 1 16:48:35 UTC 2013

I realize this may be a ghostscript problem rather than a scribus issue.
However, after generating a printer ready pdf file, I run it through pdf2ps
and then ps2pdf in order to reduce it's size to make ftp'ing it easier and
less time consuming.  However, this time I got this error from pdf2ps:

**** Warning: glyf overlaps cmap, truncating.

Actually I got about five instances of that error one after another.  I
thought GIMP would render the ps file, but since it does not, I cannot look
to see if it reflects any errors.

In the middle of this publishing cycle, my boot hard drive crashed and I
had to replace it.  That meant re-installing Xubuntu 12.10 (whch I had
before), Scribus, and most of my fonts.  My Scribus data (.sla and many
font) files were on a secondary drive that was not damaged.  I use Fontin
as a base font for most of the 64 magazine pages, but do use several other
fonts, of course.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should look for?  Could the new
Fontin files be corrupt?  I've grep'ed for non-ASCII charaters in the .sla
file and found a few that I have fixed.  However, the pdf2ps results are
the same.  The pdf file seems to display without difficulty and shows up
fine in the Pre-flight check.

John Ghormley  KJ4UFG
Editor, SERA *Repeater Journal*.
Walkertown, NC  USA