[scribus] points below

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Dec 15 22:57:11 UTC 2013

> Hi
>
> Something I'm forever wanting to do but can't work out how to except
> as a Style. I'd like to be able to change the height between lines of
> text by putting say 3 points below or above. Is this possible without
> creating a new style?

Hi,

You might like to read the manual (Help->Scribus
Manual->Documentation) and in particular "Working with Text.

There is an inter-relationship between line spacing and other
character attributes.

Have a play with the Properties Palette->Text->Advanced settings and
you will see how all this works.

I suggest you increase the Fixed line spacing for all lines, then play
with individual lines or characters. You might also want to experiment
with automatic line spacing.

If you look at
http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/images/linespacing.png you will see
I have changed the baseline reference without changing the fixed line
spacing cutting off the bottom of the moved "p" letters

--
Owen