[scribus] Latest in Xubuntu 13.10 is 1.4.2

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Dec 11 06:01:11 UTC 2013

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 09:31:08 +0100
"Staffan Melin (Oscillator)" <staffan.melin at oscillator.se> dijo:

>There is actually a nice page on the wiki for this:
>http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake
>
>I compiled Scribus 1.4.3 yesterday on Debian Wheezy using this.
>
>I had to add the following packages:
>
>subversion
>buid-essential
>cmake
>libqt4-dev
>zlib1g-dev
>libpng12-dev
>linjpeg8-dev
>libtiff4-dev
>python-dev
>libfreetype6-dev
>libcups2-dev
>libxml2-dev
>liblcms1-dev
>libfontconfig1-dev
>libboost-dev

I have installed all those packages and it still finishes with errors:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
ls: cannot access scribus: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove ‘/usr/local/bin/scrib4’: No such file or directory
ln: accessing ‘scribus’: No such file or directory

This is using John Culleton's script, which he originally posted above,
but after he e-mailed me a text file with the script without wraps.
From the above errors I sense that I am getting pretty close. I am
reposting John's script, but with an empty line between each line in
case it wraps, just in case the problem is in the script:

rm -r /usr/local/src/s14x

cd /usr/local/src/

svn co svn://scribus.net/branches/Version14x/Scribus s14x

cd s14x

cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus4_svn

make

make install

cd scribus

ls -l scribus

rm /usr/local/bin/scrib4

ln scribus /usr/local/bin/scrib4

And for the record, my computer is a fresh install of Xubuntu 13.10
x86_64.

I hope someone can shed some light on what is wrong.