[scribus] Latest in Xubuntu 13.10 is 1.4.2

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Dec 10 06:36:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 16:58:37 +1100
"Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> dijo:

>> On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 14:42:08 +1100
>> "Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au> dijo:
>>
>>>See http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake
>>>
>>>and the line you wan, beware of word wrap is;
>>>
>>>svn co svn://scribus.net/branches/Version14x/Scribus scribus14x
>>>
>>>Come back with "the next error". We will get you through it :-)
>>
>> I started over from the beginning, intending to use your line at the
>> appropriate place, but I didn't even get that far. Last time the svn
>> co
>> line worked, but now I get:
>>
>> jjj at Devil-Bonobo:/usr/local/src$ svn co
>> svn: E205001: Try 'svn help' for more info
>> svn: E205001: Not enough arguments provided
>>
>> Don't know why it worked the first time, but now it doesn't. :(
>

>Well if  you went to svn help it may have thrown some light on your
>problem
>
>svn <subcommand> [options] [args]
>
>co = check out
>
>but you have to checkout something, and that url is what you are
>checking out. [arg]
>
>Have another go!

I was following John's script several posts earlier in this thread. I
didn't realize that his svn co belonged with the next line in his
script. It works fine when I use the whole line.

However, his next line fails:

jjj at Devil-Bonobo:/usr/local/src$ s14x cd s14x cmake .
s14x: command not found

Is this another dependency that I need to install?