[scribus] collecting for output

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Mon Dec 9 18:04:10 UTC 2013

Dear Rolf, thanks for offering help with a script,

"the show must go on", so (although I hardly ever do this) I grabbed my
Kofler last week and I wrote this script:

____liberer____il_faut_me_double-cliquer_avant_de_partir

(that is the file name, which makes it always stay on top of the folder
and it tries to tell my team to click the beast.

quote

#!/bin/bash

chmod g+r *.*

chmod o+r *.*

echo -e "\a"  #beep

echo "Merci, toutes les fichiers sont liberé maintenant."

endquote

This script itself is executable (of course) and it has got
special-rights, so the entire team can execute it. It always travels
with the collected-for-output folder, by being copied. It seems to work.

There are several problems still:

The team has to remember to double-click it from the explorer. But once
finished their work, there might be a power cut or they are tired. It
would be more natural to call a script, if you want to start your own
work. But rights cannot be taken, they need to be given.  :)

Also the beep does not work on this machine. Maybe I got the syntax
wrong. It would be much better if the user at least had a confirmation
that the script has done something. And even better, if a
thank-you-message would come up. But the echo-message only comes up,
when the script is called from a terminal (which is not the right
context for my young African trainees).

So Rolf, have a look and make it better, if you want, please. (People
are calling it from Dolphin explorer.) Or somebody maybe have an idea
how the system itself could trigger the script in the context of the
user logging out or the machine shutting down. Remember, there are
always several copies of that output-folder on the machine, one in each
users /home as each user is pulling his own fresh copy when he/she is
starting a working-session.

It is getting late and I still need to sprinkle a few dozen ant-drawings
and centipedes all over a certain page... (children's activity page)

thanks,

Martin