[scribus] Experiments with the Scribus code

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Aug 28 11:55:23 UTC 2013

On 08/28/2013 06:36 AM, John Beardmore wrote:
> On 28/08/2013 10:00, Staffan Melin (Oscillator) wrote:
>
>> Spontaneously, for producing a SLA file you still need a GUI Scribus,
>> so what's the point?
>
> This isn't really true is it ?
>
> Surely other code can generate SLA files if needs be. The .sla format is
> open after all. I've thought of doing this a few times.

This is exactly true. My first attempts at the automatic creation of
albums or photographic collections involved using Perl to generate an
SLA file, and it worked. There is much of the basic SLA file that is
very standard.

All it takes is to look at the basic structure, then build it from its
parts as a text file.

Greg