[scribus] Experiments with the Scribus code

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Wed Aug 28 09:15:59 UTC 2013

The point might be to produce a pdf in relation to some data which are
given to Scribus, either on the commandline or by using some kind of a
placeholder within the .sla.

Just some days ago, I finished a project where an app reads a mailbox
which may contain an application form, then produces a pdf out of the
data (name, address...) and sends it back to the applicant. It cost a
lot of trial-and-error cycles to let a program draw the elements by
itself, so if one could use Scribus to layout such a form and then
insert the data and bake a pdf automagically, this would save tons of work.

By the way, I wonder if it's really possible: In my case I was forced to
use Cairo as the graphical rendering engine because qt cannot run
without access to an X server (at least in my IDE, Gambas). Which
graphical library does Scribus use?

Rolf