[scribus] question

Hans Schmidt z0idberg at gmx.de
Sat Aug 24 02:21:04 UTC 2013

Am 24.08.2013 01:00, schrieb Gregory Pittman:
> Something that could be done would be to create a .zip file from a
> directory and its contents, and you could do this yourself. This is in
> essence what an ePub is. It might be worth a consideration for Scribus
> to have the capability of unzipping such a file. It can gzip an .sla
> file. Perhaps a 2-step process of Collect for Output, then zip. I
> wonder if a script might be written to do this zipping....
>
> The problem with saving images in .sla files is the size. You might
> have a multi-MB file for one picture, and some Scribus projects have
> dozens or hundreds of pictures.

Of course, creating a zip file by yourself is no problem. It just comes
down to lazyness: Do I want to manually zip and unzip a file every time
bevor I use it? Even a script is not really convenient.

It is *much* more convenient if this could be done by Scribus in the
background, just as it is done with .odt or .docx files. If speed/size
is an issue, you could always give the option to save it the current
way, uncompressed and in a folder.