[scribus] Failed to compile 1.5 via svn → what am i missing?

Thorsten Rochelmeyer thorsten at rochelmeyer.com
Sat Aug 10 15:07:10 UTC 2013

Am 09.08.2013 00:33, schrieb Owen:

> I will as the obvious question, do you have zlib installed?
>
> # sudo apt-get install zlibc zlib1g zlib1g-dev
>
> may fix it for you. If they are installed, try
>
> sudo apt-get install --reinstall zlibc zlib1g zlib1g-dev

Hi Owen, thanks for your advice. Found out some dependencies were
missing and installed these, zlibc amog them (i was looking for zlib
instead of zlibc, argh!). Looks a bit better now, but it still doesn't
work as intended.

Output now says:

thr at thr-x1:~/src/scribus-svn/Scribus$ /usr/bin/cmake .
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr/local/scribus-svn -DWANT_VERSIONING=1
-- Shared Library Flags:
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not
found.   Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
-- Scribus 1.5.0.svn will be built to install into /usr/local/scribus-svn
-- Machine: i686-linux-gnu, void pointer size: 4
-- Found target X86
-- Building for target i686-linux-gnu
-- Previously selected version tag: -1.5.0.svn
-- Using standard ApplicationDataDir. You can change it with
-DAPPLICATION_DATA_DIR
Qt4 Found OK
-- QtWebkit Found OK
-- Building without Qt3 Support (GOOD)
ZLIB Library Found OK
Using PNG Library: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpng.so
PNG Library Found OK
OSG found OK
JPEG Library Found OK
TIFF Library Found OK
CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97
(MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find PythonLibs (missing: PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIRS) (Required is at
  least version "2")
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:288
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPythonLibs.cmake:186
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:626 (FIND_PACKAGE)

thr at thr-x1:~/src/scribus-svn/Scribus$

Cmake is definitely installed, but i still get that
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND error.

I also have python installed, but that is not recognized. Python-dev or
-devel seem to be unavailable.

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Thorsten