[scribus] compatibility

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Aug 1 05:20:27 UTC 2013

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 31. Juli 2013 um 16:27 Uhr
> Von: "John Reimann" <1999wildcat at gmail.com>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: [scribus] compatibility
>
> I use apache open office as a word processor. It seems that scribus doesn't
> recognize this format when I try to "place" something written in apache.
> Suggestions?
>
> John R.

Hi John,

If you mean something like copy & paste of text from AOO to Scribus, it won't work because you have to create a text frame first (as Scribus is a frame-based DTP program). Once a text frame exists, you can *import* an ODT *file* from AOO or open the Story Editor and paste the text into it. If you choose the latter, you will lose all of your formatting.

ODT is an open standard, so it shouldn't really matter whether you're using LibreOffice or AOO.

HTH,

Christoph