[scribus] LGM 2013 Lightning Talk Slides

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Apr 25 19:03:39 UTC 2013

hi

> 1) Can we agree on a solution in time?
>
> 2) Is it feasible to modify the transitional 1.5.0svn format without
> delaying the release of 1.5.0?
>
> 3) Who will write the code?
>
> If the answer to any of these questions is "No" or "No idea", then it
> should be postponed to the 1.7/1.8 release cycle.

we should start now to write specifications for it and find somebody
interested in working on it -- if possible by attracting somebody
external to the scribus community/team -- and get the work merged into
1.7 short after 1.6 is released.

if we find a youngster who can do it, we could promise that we will
make everything to get him/her into next years GSoC (with the finishing
of the project / a followup project / another project).

in my eyes this could even be integrated into a school project
(bachelor? semester thesis?) since it involves more architectural
skills than pure coding work.

ciao
a.l.e