[scribus] Collect for output

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Apr 23 17:46:24 UTC 2013

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:23:23 -0700 (PDT)
Jeffrey Merrow <jeffmerrow at yahoo.com> dijo:

>When I have used Collect for Output there is a sub folder named images
>that is created under the destination where the .sla is found. You can
>open the .sla as text in order to determine the location where the
>new .sla file expects to find those images.

It created no subfolders. In fact I had to create a subfolder
("Collected") or it would have saved everything in the same folder as
the original file. When I specified Collected/ it copied the .sla file
into it and the fonts, but not the graphics, nor is there any subfolder
within Collected/.

When I first opened the .sla file in Collected/ the graphics were
missing and I posted about it here. Later I discovered (duh!) that the
graphics were not in Collected/, so naturally the graphics would not
appear when I opened the .sla file. I manually copied the graphics into
Collected/, and thereafter the graphics appear fine.

I find it strange that it did not copy the graphics into Collected/. I
shouldn't have to copy the graphics into Collected/ manually; that is a
recipe for expensive mistakes.

If it's supposed to copy the graphics into the subfolder then it
appears we are dealing with a bug here. If not, then we have a user
interface issue.